Our body produces a variety of hormones that help in the growth and maintenance of the body. One of such hormones found in the body is testosterone. Testosterone is majorly found in men and affects secondary sexual characteristics such as sexual development and the person’s appearance. Good levels of testosterone in the body can have many benefits. However, if a person has low levels of testosterone, one must consider consuming supplements that help gain higher levels of testosterone. Why? Keep reading to know more about testosterone, why it can be low and the best testosterone boosters.
Key roles of testosterone
- More muscles: One of the key effects of a healthy level of testosterone is healthy mass muscle. Increased levels of testosterone help in gaining muscles faster than having lower levels of testosterone. It can make a body become lean and have lesser fat mass and improve strength.
- Stronger bones: testosterone also plays an important role in improving bone density. People who have higher levels of testosterone also have denser bones. An increase in bone density can have various benefits as it can prevent severe fractures and better bone strength even in older age of life.
- Enhanced sexual drive: Higher testosterone levels also play a role in improved libido, which influences the sex drive in a person. Increased testosterone means increased sex drive and erection in males. There can also be increased satisfaction in sex when there are healthier levels of testosterone in males.
- Lighter mood: Studies have also shown a significant relationship between higher levels of testosterone and better mood. Individuals with lower testosterone levels can be more prone to mental health problems such as depression, stress, and irritability.
What causes low levels of testosterone?
There can be a variety of reasons that can influence the levels of testosterone in a person. However, some of the most common reasons for decreased levels of testosterone are discussed below.
- Injuries in the pituitary gland: Low levels of testosterone in men can result from injuries in the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland is also known as the master gland and regulates various other hormones, including testosterone. Injury in the gland can result in an imbalance in the production of the hormone, impacting the overall effects.
- Genetic factors: Many aspects of our health are determined by the interplay of genes. Even in the case of testosterone, it can be influenced by that. People who have had a family history of poor testosterone levels are likely to suffer from the same as people who do not.
- Intensive treatment: In many cases, people who have gone through or are going through intensive treatment regimes like chemotherapy cab have testosterone deficit. Chemotherapy can cause an overall imbalance in the secretion of hormones which can also affect testosterone.
- Obesity: One of the most common reasons for testosterone imbalance is obesity. Excess of fats in the body can lead to an imbalance in hormones. Obesity can affect the production of testosterone to a significant extent. One can regularly exercise for at least 40 mins and avoid food rich in saturated fats to avoid gaining weight.
- Improper nutrition: Low levels of testosterone can also be a result of a poor diet. One should try to teach all the nutritional requirements of the body in their diet. Nutrients such as vitamin A, B, C, and D, protein, and zinc can help a person improve their testosterone levels. One must also ensure that they are not skipping any meals.
How to buy the best testosterone booster?
For people suffering from low levels of testosterone, various best testosterone boosters in the market can help anyone enhance testosterone production and look after their health. In addition, testosterone boosting therapy is helpful by many people to improve their levels of the hormone and lead a happier and satisfied life.
Before buying the best testosterone boosters for oneself, one should be completely aware of the ingredients of the booster. For example, supplements rich in D-Aspartic Acid can help in increasing the levels of testosterone faster.
Before buying a testosterone supplement, it is always recommended to consult a healthcare professional to get the right to advise on consumption and choice of the supplement.