Have you ever felt trouble having your favorite diet? And you are in a position where you are advised not to have them. This happens with many. Many of us love junk and unhealthy food than healthy ones. When it is time that we should leave that habit and follow a healthy routine, we feel difficult to do so. With utmost sorrow, we have to keep them apart, yet crave for that. One of those reasons is your leaky gut. Here we will see how this is caused and the treatment options.
What is leaky gut syndrome?
This is the health condition where your intestine is permeable to many things including microbes or undigested food causing adverse effects to your health. Our intestine is a long structure that is lined by a wall. The presence of a wall helps to protect it from the entry of unnecessary particles.
Yet there are small channels through which important molecules can move. In leaky gut, this is enlarged and affects this movement. The leaky gut supplements are used to make your condition better.
What causes a leaky gut?
Many reasons contribute to the condition of the leaky gut. Let us check what these factors are.
- Poor diet: The diet contents can be a reason for this. Proteins in unsprouted grains, sugar, etc. can cause this.
- Stress: Long-term stress can cause immune system dysfunction in less quantity. The harmful microbes can enter your system and cause inflammation.
- Bacterial imbalance: Also known as dysbiosis caused by an imbalance in the quantity of beneficial and harmful bacteria can also lead to a leaky gut.
- Toxins: The toxins that get into our system through food, water, or other media can also be a factor
While there are many ways of treating this condition, leaky gut supplements are the external hand in the natural way of flourishing our intestine with nutritional and anti-inflammatory supplements.
How to treat leaky gut?
Treatment options for leaky gut are altering your intake. Everything can change back to normal if you fill yourselves with healthy stuff. Let us see these.
- Increase your fiber intake: Intake of fiber-rich food items like fruits and grains can improve your gut microbiome
- Decrease sugar intake: High sugar levels can degrade the barrier formed by the intestine
- Limit inflammatory food intake: Processed foods, meat, and dairy can cause inflammation and increase the permeability
- Intake healing supplements: Leaky gut supplements are belonging to this class. They promote wound healing.
How do the supplements work?
The various leaky gut supplements are a combination of enzymes, probiotics, and vitamins. While there are many products available in the market, the source and form of the contents can vary. But they all act similarly. The presence of zinc, collagen, anti-inflammatory molecules, enzymes, probiotics, and a plant-based diet provides a perfect formula for treatment. Leaky gut is caused by many reasons and the cause is microbiome alteration. Factors like diet, stress, and chemicals have a role in this. Supplements and healthy diet help heal the tear and wounds in addition to reversion to a healthy gut.